Tuesday 7 August 2012

What I'm Currently Doing



Baking the above Banana Bread from Sara'a blog - http://nourish-and-flourish.net/my-favorite-banana-bread/.

It's close to midnight and I have to wake up at 4am for the journey back home to see my madre before her operation.  I still have to wash the clothes that I plan on taking with me and then pack those same clothes.

Instead of packing and making sure I have everything I need I'm baking yummy Banana Bread and G/F Pumpkin Muffins....typical of who I am really.  I take such a relaxed not fazed approach while everyone stresses out panicking that I wont be ready on time I make it with minutes to spare,  much to their amazement.

Fingers crossed my bread tastes good as my kitchen currently smells amazing!  The beautiful aromas of cinnamon,  vanilla and sweet bananas are filling every nook and cranny of my house.

I changed Sara's recipe slightly by replacing the butter with olive oil and using splenda instead of real sugar.  I also added cinnamon by mistake as I was baking my g/f pumpkin muffins at the same time and cinnamon went in the banana bread instead of the muffins (oops).


Banana Bread

2 cups oat flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)

3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar (Splenda granular and Truvia work well too)
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (2% or 0%)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed
until well blended (about 1 minute). Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating
after each addition. Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until
blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Spoon
batter into a bread loaf pan (or muffin pan) coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350° for 1 hour (for bread), or 20 minutes (for muffins), or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes
out clean.
Serves 14.
Nutrition per servingCalories: 187; Fat: 4.3 grams; Protein: 3.9 grams;
Nutrition with Splenda: Calories: 136; Fat: 4.3 grams; Protein: 3.9 grams


2 comments:

  1. Forget the fresh fruit I want banana bread! Lol SO hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol your my only fan. Your so funny you comment on every post xxxxx

    ReplyDelete