Friday 21 September 2012

Healthy Baking: Ginger Snaps and Blueberry Pancakes

Afternoon,

The other day I had the brilliant idea to attempt to cook two recipes that I've wanted to cook for a while now.

I tried my luck at two healthy recipes - Blueberry Pancakes and Ginger Snaps.  Both recipes are off my two favourite blogs Ittybitsofbalance.com and nourish-and-flourish.net.

My "Lightened Up Wheat-free Ginger Snaps"

Ginger Snaps close up
Brittany's Ginger Snaps ( http://ittybitsofbalance.com/2011/12/20/lightened-up-wheat-free-gingersnaps/ )


To my disappointment both recipes were a complete fail.  The ginger snaps were wheat-free and tasted slightly odd, they tasted pretty much like brown rice flour and water.  I'm sad that these didn't work for me as they looked so cute on Brittany's blog.


Sara's Blueberry Pancakes ( http://nourish-and-flourish.net/2012/06/wiaw-blueberry-cheesecake-pancakes/ )

As for the blueberry pancakes this was an awesome recipe!  The recipe is so healthy and the pancake batter is super tasty the problem is that because they contain almost zero fat you need to cook them in an awesome non-stick frying pan.

I attempted the recipe twice - the first time the whole mixture stuck to my horrible pan and I ended up just throwing the whole thing out.  The second time instead of frying the batter I baked it in a ramekin.  It came out awesome and so pretty.  Because I'm still getting use to taking pictures of everything I cook/bake I don't have a picture for my baked pancakes (sorry) but take it from me it looked sooo tasty and colourful.

1 comment: